Friday, January 6, 2012

My View of Life

My name is Jadi Luella (Crawford) Hancock, and I am from Rye, Colorado. My parents are Bryan and Dana Crawford. I am the middle of three children. I have an older brother, Shiloh, and a younger sister, Hillary. We are a very close family. I was named after my maternal grandmother, Luella. I feel honored to have her name because of the amazing woman that she was. I never met her in this life, but I feel extra close to her and like I have known her forever.

When I think of what makes me who I am today, I know the biggest contributor is my knowledge of my Heavenly Father, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was born into and raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Both of my parents are very active, and have always taught us the gospel. I never had a problem with desiring to go to church. I grew up knowing it was our lifestyle, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have had a lifetime to come to know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know they live, and I can one day return to live with them again because of Christ’s atoning sacrifice. It is because of this knowledge that affects how I live my life. I believe you live your life according to who you think you are. I have been blessed with knowledge that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father. I want to live my life like He would have His daughters live.

I grew up in a tiny, but gorgeous mountain town. There were only 52 in my graduating high school class, and one other besides me was a member of the church. I learned at a young age I had to set standards for myself, and not lower them for any occasion. I had to know I had a testimony, because it was often questioned by those around me because they did not have the same standards or beliefs. This turned out to be a blessing in my life.

I am thankful my parents always pushed us to do our best in school. I learned the value of hard work, not giving up, and always being happy with my results if I knew I had done my best. I learned the value of education. I feel like I have been given so much by teachers that one day I want to give back. I don’t want to waste what I have learned. I can do this by serving those around me in the community and putting my learned skills to good use to build up others. I think it is important to learn all we can about any subject, whether it is history, politics, the arts, or anything. This is one way to gain wisdom. I think it is important to know what it going on around you so you can help influence others for the good. For example, if you know the problems that are facing families today, you can help by teaching what can be done to avoid those problems to your friends, those in the community, and your children.

While growing up I did not feel like I had a ton of close friends. I was thankful for the friends I did have, but I was especially thankful for my family. I remember my dad teaching me when I felt very lonely at one point of time that my family should always be my closest friends because they will always be there and they love me. Family relationships can be the most important, especially when you think of them in the eternal perspective. They are the ones you are sealed to for eternity.

To summarize my view of life, I would say that knowing who you are determines how you live your life. Maintaining high standards and characteristics of honesty, integrity, and charity are vital. Developing and keeping close family relationships is also very important. Gaining education and service will make you grow and learn, and will give you more meaning in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment